Saving Lives

I hope my blog is part creative outlet and part education. In addition to my writing, I answer questions from 50 or more people per week. One person had heard about naloxone distribution in San Francisco from something I wrote in a forum. We became friendly and I agreed to send them one vial of naloxone last week. 

Naloxone is used to reverse the effects of an overdose. Sending it through the mail may have been foolish but it was something I felt compelled to do on that day. This is not something I have the ability to do on a regular basis. I have also sent clean needles to people who have no ability to obtain in their city. It is hard to believe we still have places in our country where people have no access to clean needles. They refuse to sell them to non diabetics at many pharmacies and many places do not have needle exchanges. How is our society so advanced yet so backwards at the same time. Harm reduction saved my life. I simply try to give back what was given to me. 
 
If you would like to get involved in harm reduction by volunteering or making a donation, please email me traceyh415@gmail.com. The naloxone was used to save a life. Below is a screenshot of the story. 

Comments

  1. Yeah it's Bs. Sometimes I can trick pharmacists into believing the rigs are for my diabetic mother or grandmother. But usually... It's not good here. I'm from NY. Where the shit was available but I now live in Charlotte, NC. Completely oppressive and backwoods here. They'd rather you die then have access to anything. They literally put pics of people that died from an OD in the papers here. Like it's a good thing. Completely embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love