The Scorpion and the Frog

One day I met this man. He was so sad. He said he needed my help.
He had no one left. There was no one who loved him.
I knew not to let him in.
I knew he was a junkie.
I knew what might happen.
I let him into my heart.
I let him into my place.
I let him into my mind.
And the man was happy.
He said he wanted to get clean.
He wanted me to help him.
I wanted to be with him.
I wanted to help him get to the other side.
Then one day it rained.
He had a terrible flood of emotions.
"I am just going to the store " he said.
He did not return that day, or the next.
He did not return to the life we shared.

Some people would say that the scorpion had stung me.
It was in his nature.
He could not stay with me.
I disagree.

The person he really hurt was himself.
He was drowning. Drowning in his own tears.



Comments

  1. very nice tracey, your work is great and very humbling, especially when viewing your work in sobriety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. This story is about a few different ppl

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love